Notifications
Clear all

New TX816 Library - Patch Name and File Name differ?

craigr68
(@craigr68)
Estimable Member Nerds
Topic starter  

With the new TX816 Library, isn't the Prog Name and File Name off on quite a few of the patches?  Dashes and spacing problems.  Then you get double programs when you Save As.  Screenshots below

This topic was modified 5 months ago 2 times by craigr68

getdunne
(@getdunne)
Member Admin

I'll ask John to look into this. There are a number of reasons why file names and patch names may not match exactly:

• Patch names may contain characters which are not legal in file names; these get converted automatically.
  • The patches were made originally by someone else. John may have updated the patch names and hit Update instead of Save As.
  • File and patch names are not required to correspond precisely; they can be completely different.

If you "get double programs when you Save As", that's normally expected behavior. The only reason to use Save As is to create a new file. If you want to simply update an existing one, there's an Update button for that.

ReplyQuote
craigr68
(@craigr68)
Estimable Member Nerds
Topic starter  

I'm finally starting to get it.  Yes, update works fine presumably because it makes the association between Patch Name and File Name in the database, and there they can be different.  But if you "Save As", the filename becomes the patch name in the save screen.  I sometimes wonder why not just have the two (Patch Name & FileName) forced to be the same when creating the patch initially.  The autohotkey scripts to unify libraries did this by copying Patch Name with "control c" in the Save dialog, and pasted that into the file name during save as, which always made the same name association.  (Except with special characters sometimes).  Anyway, with this library I changed mine to match - problem solved.  Some nice sounds in the new library.

I was also wondering about some of the patches like this one where some of the layers are assigned to various midi channels.  Perhaps there's a reason for it. 

This post was modified 5 months ago 2 times by craigr68

ReplyQuote
getdunne
(@getdunne)
Member Admin

Posted by: @craigr68

I was also wondering about some of the patches like this one where some of the layers are assigned to various midi channels.  Perhaps there's a reason for it. 

Read the patch comments.

ReplyQuote
Share: