Notifications
Clear all

Library names

5 Posts
4 Users
1 Reactions
(@the-sunday-woodcarver)
Topic starter  

Once established, how can I change the name of a Library I created. Tried renaming the root folder and the rebuilding the Libraries but name is unchanged the the Library list.

(@getdunne)
Illustrious Member Admin

@the-sunday-woodcarver

Renaming a Unify library is actually a very complex operation, because each patch may contain multiple references to the library name, embedded in intricate ways.

Manually renaming files/folders under the main Unify data folder is almost never recommended. It can backfire badly unless you know exactly what you're doing. Please undo any manual renaming, and rebuild the patch database before proceeding.

We have developed a Library Renamer program specifically for this purpose, as part of the open-source Unify Batch Tools repository available on GitHub. You can download pre-built versions of all these programs using the following links:

Before attempting to use the LibraryRenamer utility, make a safe backup copy of the entire library folder (ideally in a completely different location on your disk), so you can restore it if something goes wrong.

Run the LibraryRenamer program by double-clicking it. Enter the new name for your library in the text box, then drag/drop your library's Patches folder into the LibraryRenamer window. This will update all your patches (.unify files) in-place. Then quit the LibraryRenamer utility, and click the lightning-bolt icon in Unify to rebuild the patch database.

ReplyQuote
(@the-sunday-woodcarver)
Topic starter  

Ah, that worked! Thanks. The hours I've spent trying to figure this out, ugh!

ReplyQuote
(@ssquared)

Yeah.  Great tool.  I actually spent the time to manually re-save the patches from one library to the other.  Later used the tool to do it again and hooboy, what a nice tool.

Ableton Live 10, Omnisphere, Native Instruments (Pianos), Spire, Hammer + Waves, Heavyocity (Ascend and Mosaic Keys), Diva, SynthMaster, Alchemy 1.55, Addictive Keys, Unify

ReplyQuote
(@robert-hunter)

@getdunne So helpful - didn't know this existed - what a time saver.

thanks

getdunne reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: