Notifications
Clear all

Kontakt 6 problems…

hummersallad
(@hummersallad)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Whatever happened to the app that would fix the problems with Kontakt 6 libraries? Like the Ethera libraries?

getdunne
(@getdunne)
Member Admin

@hummersallad

What happened is that Native Instruments updated Kontakt to version 6.5, which broke our system for batch-processing unified patches within Unify itself. As an alternative, I made a utility app called Guru Link which create a symbolic link to each Kontakt library folder; this is distributed with each unifed Kontakt library as part of the download.

The situation with the unified Ethera libraries is more complicated. We will have to re-create separate Mac and Windows versions of those. I will ask John to comment on when these may be available.

ReplyQuote
hummersallad
(@hummersallad)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

OK, I see. I thought that Guru Link would magically fix the Ethera libraries 🤓

In which situations do I need to use Guru Link and where do I find instructions?

BTW, I am quite familiar with symbolic links and have used then for many years! (on Mac)

ReplyQuote
getdunne
(@getdunne)
Member Admin

@hummersallad

I'm attaching the complete Guru Link downloads for both Mac and Windows. Each .zip file includes a PDF manual tailored to the specific platform.

ReplyQuote
hummersallad
(@hummersallad)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@getdunne

Thanks!

But I still do not understand when and why I need to use it.

Just downloaded the "Unified - Sonuscore Ha pi Concert Harp.guru" which does not work (same problem as the Ethera libraries).
Will GuruLink fix this?

EDIT: I have just read https://forums.pluginguru.com/postid/8263/ so I understand that there is no fix at the moment.
And the only solution seems to be to create a new Unify-version of the Ha pi Concert Harp library locally on my Mac.
Let's hope NI can come up with something as there are many, many great libraries that only run in Kontakt.

ReplyQuote
Share: