Notifications
Clear all

D16 Group LuSH-101 Doesn't Scan Successfully  

RSS

shawker
(@shawker)
September 10, 2020 7:05 pm  

I bought LuSH-101 today and when I scanned I got this message "Deactivated after failing to initialise correctly".  It scanned correctly and worked in Cakewalk by Bandlab and I was able to authorize it.  Tried Unify after it was authorized and it failed again.  It also scanned correctly and worked in Komplete Kontrol.  I have 3 effects from D16 Group that all scan successfully in Unify.  All my D16 Group plugins are VST2.

This topic was modified 1 month ago by shawker

getdunne
(@getdunne)
Member Admin
September 10, 2020 7:37 pm  

@shawker

I just downloaded the latest LUSH-101 v1.1.3 DEMO version, and it works fine in Unify.

Based on the error message, I would guess you are trying to use the 32-bit version of the VST. Use only the 64-bit version. Unify does not run 32-bit plug-ins unless you also use jBridge.

ReplyQuote
shawker
(@shawker)
September 10, 2020 8:35 pm  

Thanks for the quick reply.  I am using the 64 bit version.  I'm using the stand alone version of Unify, when it scans, it stops at the plugin just before LuSH-101, pauses for a couple of seconds, then it seems to restart the scan, the scan finishes normally, but it has that error message at the bottom of the list.  I also tried re-installing Lush-101, but the scan still fails.  It also works in savihost.  Very puzzling.

ReplyQuote
shawker
(@shawker)
September 10, 2020 8:55 pm  

@getdunne  Did the demo version need to be activated?

ReplyQuote
getdunne
(@getdunne)
Member Admin
September 10, 2020 9:33 pm  
Posted by: @shawker

@getdunne  Did the demo version need to be activated?

No, but activation is not your issue. The error message "Deactivated after failing to initialise correctly" indicates the problem was that the DLL could not even be loaded. This happens when attempting to load a 32-bit VST.

ReplyQuote
shawker
(@shawker)
September 10, 2020 10:08 pm  

@getdunne Thanks for the quick reply. I am using the 64 bit version. I'm using the stand alone version of Unify, when it scans, it stops at the plugin just before LuSH-101, pauses for a couple of seconds, then it seems to restart the scan, the scan finishes normally, but it has that error message at the bottom of the list. I also tried re-installing Lush-101, but the scan still fails. It also works in savihost. Very puzzling.

This post was modified 1 month ago by shawker

ReplyQuote
getdunne
(@getdunne)
Member Admin
September 10, 2020 11:11 pm  

@shawker

Please try drag/dropping the LuSH-101 VST .dll into the Unify Known Plug-Ins view, instead of scanning it, and see if it works OK that way.

Note if you happen to have installed the 32-bit VST as well, you would get the error message about that one, but the 64-bit version should have scanned correctly.

ReplyQuote
shawker
(@shawker)
September 10, 2020 11:35 pm  

@getdunne Thanks, the drag/drop worked.  I have never installed the 32 bit version, don't have the installer, but I double checked the VST2 folder that is scanned to make sure my memory wasn't playing tricks on me, and it wasn't there.  I rescanned the VST folder after the drag/drop, and the scan completed normally with no error messages.  I guess when a new version of LuSH-101 comes out I will have to drag/drop it again to get it working.  It's an easy fix for me.

ReplyQuote
getdunne
(@getdunne)
Member Admin
September 11, 2020 7:11 pm  

@shawker

I'm glad to know this worked for you. There are some issues with bulk plug-in scanning which I still don't fully understand. We recommend running the full plug-in scan only once on each system, and scanning any new plug-ins one at a time after that.

You usually won't need to re-scan updated versions of plug-ins. If the new file overwrites the old one, and has the same name, Unify will run it.

ReplyQuote
Share: