Notifications
Clear all

Live streams 15.05 2021,

17 Posts
6 Users
10 Likes
(@leszek-1953)
Topic starter  

Wherever it does not copy the file zBPM SPLIT Rain Saturday ..... of course it saves but after running Unify the sound cannot be found.

(@getdunne)
Illustrious Member Admin

For this patch to work, you must:

1. Own Omnisphere 2
  2. Have  registered the Omnisphere 2 VST plug-in in Unify's Known Plug-Ins list
  3. Own the Signs of Life library, and have installed it in Omnisphere 2
  4. Own PlugInGuru CloudCity V1 for Unify, and have installed it in Unify

If the answer to any of these is "no", the patch won't load correctly.

ReplyQuote
(@getdunne)
Illustrious Member Admin

John made a couple of mistakes in the .unify file he shared today. First, he changed the name of the patch file to zBPM SPLIT - Rainy Saturday YTLS.unify, but left the actual patch-name unchanged as "zENV - Quepos Evening Rain", so that's how it will come up in the Unify patch browser. Second, he adjusted the key-ranges for all the instrument tracks except the two rhythm tracks he added at the end.

I have fixed both of these issues; you can download the corrected file at https://www.dropbox.com/s/i75j23emoq00d1i/zBPM%20SPLIT%20-%20Rainy%20Saturday%20YTLS.unify?dl=0

The ideal place to put this file is in the Patches folder inside the PlugInGuru O2 Signs of Life folder, in Unify's main Libraries folder.

• Go to Settings, click Open...; you'll find the Libraries folder in the Finder/Explorer window which opens.
  • Go into the Libraries folder.
    • If you HAVE installed the new unified PlugInGuru O2 Signs of Life library, you'll see a folder by that name; go into it, and you'll find a Patches folder; put the zBPM SPLIT - Rainy Saturday YTLS.unify file in there.
    • If you HAVE not installed the new unified PlugInGuru O2 Signs of Life library, you can temporarily put the 
    • zBPM SPLIT - Rainy Saturday YTLS.unify file into the Patches folder inside the User Library folder.
  • You'll need to rebuild Unify's patch database after adding the file.
  • The patch will appear in the PlugInGuru O2 Signs of Life library, even if you put it in your User Library folder, because Unify gets the library name from the patch itself, not the containing folder.

ReplyQuote
pluginguru
(@pluginguruforums)
Honorable Member Admin

I've fixed this in the Full Library - sorry for my errors!

Life is Sound / Sound is Divine
www.pluginguru.com

ReplyQuote
(@leszek-1953)
Topic starter  

Thank you for fixing the sound.

ReplyQuote
(@robertpeveler)
Estimable Member

Hi - in the current version of the library I can see the signs of life patches, and the radioactive patches, but not the signs of life bonus patches - is that how it is supposed to be, or has something gone missing?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@robertpeveler)
Estimable Member

I also note in the two TAL libraries that are unified that there are quite a few patches in both categorized as "Unknown" - is that deliberate?

I would highlight here that I am now over 100 libraries and about 35k patches in my Unify installation.  Where will I be in December do we think, if we go on at this rate??!!

ReplyQuote
saif_sameer
(@saif_sameer)

Posted by: @robertpeveler

I also note in the two TAL libraries that are unified that there are quite a few patches in both categorized as "Unknown" - is that deliberate?

This is due to fact of TAL-Software new preset browser, which allow presets to be categorized when they are inside subfolders, and the category reflected by subfolder name.

"Unkown" simply because these presets are originally just sitting there without categorized subfolders.

"In heaven, all the interesting people are missing."
Friedrich Nietzsche

ReplyQuote
(@getdunne)
Illustrious Member Admin

@robertpeveler

@saif_sameer is correct. My programs use two methods to categorize patches. First, I use the folder name, but some folders don't all contain the same kind of patches (e.g., some are based on the patch author's name). When this fails, I look for key words like "pad" or "drum" in the patch name. When both approaches fail, I use UNKNOWN, to indicate that the patch should be categorized manually.

Neither John nor I have enough time to audition and rename all the UNKNOWN patches. If users care to do so, they can post a list of the new names here, and we can issue a revised version of the unified library using them.

The bits of code I'm writing for generating/modifying unified libraries will eventually be fully open-source, but at this point they're only shared with a few other programmers.

ReplyQuote
(@robertpeveler)
Estimable Member

Thanks - and the query about Signs of Life Bonus patches?

ReplyQuote
pluginguru
(@pluginguruforums)
Honorable Member Admin

Signs of Life BONUS patches are incorporated into the Unify Signs of Life library.

www.pluginguru.com

ReplyQuote
(@jeffreyk)

hi @getdunne. I noticed mention in the live stream about some patches that dont load correctly.  I have encountered this too.  Yes, I have all the libraries loaded.  Here are some patches, each of which has a Unify layer that doesn't load.  They are all by the same author - Robert Pryke.  Its easily fixed by finding, in the library, the layer that wont load, replacing it, then resaving the patch.

Harp & piano
Frozen Spaces
Organ Heaven
Ethereal keys
Cyclosa Piano pad (this one has two layers that dont load)

and scrolling through presets of this author will show many more.

ReplyQuote
(@getdunne)
Illustrious Member Admin

@jeffreyk

Several of Robert's patches use the Unify VST, instead of the built-in Unify, so they will only load if you have the Unify VST listed in the Known Plug-Ins view. As far as I know, this was the main issue.

jeffreyk reacted
ReplyQuote
(@robertpeveler)
Estimable Member

Thanks - re SOL Bonus patches - I can see some of them there, and some of the names have changed, but I can't see them all, or at least search doesn't find them - for example: ARPedroid, Fast and Angry, Future Modal Dirge, Crazy Capuchin, Grouchy Frogs... - I could go on, but I haven't counted how many in total are missing - it seems like quite a lot aren't there?

ReplyQuote
(@getdunne)
Illustrious Member Admin

@robertpeveler

I've asked John to look into this, but it may take a while. He just got his second vaccination shot today, so he's a bit under the weather.

mj_prod reacted
ReplyQuote
pluginguru
(@pluginguruforums)
Honorable Member Admin

So we have come to the finality of this situation - we didn't convert ANY of the BONUS library patches into Unify format. The way it worked if I recall was I selected SOME of the Bonus patches to include with the full library which is why some of them are there - but only 20%... maybe. 

We have now saved out every patch for the Bonus Library, added artwork and you're welcome to download JUST the Unify patches either online at the PlugInGuru.com website or right here - you must own Omnisphere 2 and my Signs of Life library and if it installed in Omnisphere for these Unify patches to work properly - you'll get missing sample messages if you don't have the Signs of Life Library.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0feiy66rt5w7m2w/o2_unify_signs_of_life_unify_only.zip?dl=0

Sorry for our oversight and thank you for pointing this out!

- JL

www.pluginguru.com

ReplyQuote
(@robertpeveler)
Estimable Member

Ah great - many thanks John - keep up the good work!!

ReplyQuote
Share: