Notifications
Clear all

Unify 1.012 Not Saving Patches Correctly  

RSS

stevek109
(@stevek109)
Eminent Member
May 12, 2020 1:41 am  

For the second time Unify didn't save completely my patch. I created a patch with my VST instruments and Unify standard effects. Every revision of the patch I saved. I even reloaded patch to see if it worked and saved correctly before closing Unify. When I opened the patch today it was incomplete and only contained an earlier revision. The aux bus and Unify standard effects were missing. Also, my VST instruments were using previous patches. Could this be a database issue and/or related to revert/undo feature. Its disappointing when time spent on patch creation is for not.

getdunne
(@getdunne)
Member Admin
May 12, 2020 2:36 am  

@stevek109

This must be very frustrating. I'm sorry to hear you're having this trouble.

Whatever this is, it's not a common issue. Can you tell us a bit more about your setup? Are you on Mac or Windows? Are you able to save any patches that recall correctly?

The first thing that comes to mind is that this might be a folder-permissions issue. What is the path to your main Unify data folder (shown in Unify's Settings view)? Is there any chance you might not have write-privilege for this folder?

ReplyQuote
stevek109
(@stevek109)
Eminent Member
May 12, 2020 3:12 am  

@getdunne

Mac OSX 10.12. Not a folder-permission issue. I can save and recall patches without any problem. But this is the second time randomly Unify seemed to revert to a previous saved version of the patch. Every time I make a change I immediately re-save the patch since its very easy to lose your work. Will report if it happens again. Thanks

ReplyQuote
getdunne
(@getdunne)
Member Admin
May 12, 2020 3:21 am  

Please let us know every detail that might be relevant. As I said, this is not a widely-reported issue, and the fact that it happens only rarely is worrisome. Those kinds of bugs are the hardest to track down.

ReplyQuote
Share: