Simplifiy Unify File Locations Mac
This is in regard to Unify Installation on macOS.
Background: if I install Unify on macOS, a lot of scarttered Files and Folders are written into the Program Folder which feels cluttered and unneccessary.
- Unify.app in Programs
- PluginGuru Folder in Programs with a Unifysub- Folder inside with more subfolders with plugins and helper tools
- Digtis Foolder with Presets (why?)
Why don't you organize the installation in a more logical way so that everything is located (App, VST, Presets for Digits) under the PluginGuru Folder?
Sorry, but I do not agree that our installation is "scattered".
- Unify.app goes in /Applications, where it belongs.
- PlugInGuru folder with Unify subfolder allows for future expansion, when there are more PlugInGuru programs than just Unify.
- Digits is third-party code; its folders go where the author chose to put them.
To me it is. The digits folder contains nothing but presets. Mac Os has it's own Location for those which is either in Home > Documents or Library > Audio > Presets. This has no use beeing present in the Program Folder.
Same goes for your "PluginGuru" Folder: it's doesn't contain apps that I can run. The contents of those belong somehwere inside the Library > Audio or Apllication Support Section, not the "Programs" Folder. That Folder is for Programs, not System Files. And that's why I think it's scattererd.
OK, thanks for explaining. I understand, but I'm not going to change anything right now. Too many higher priority issues on my list.