[Sticky] Let's talk about Unify Live!
Lots of people have expressed interest in using Unify in live performance settings. This is something we'd like very much to support, but we understand that it will need new features to make this work well. I decided to create a separate forum for discussing live-related aspects.
Every aspect of live performance and real-time remote control of Unify is welcome for discussion here, including (but not limited to):
- Performance rigs and other hardware issues
- MIDI control
- OSC (Open Sound Control)
- iPad/iPhone remote control
It may be some time before Unify can become the center of anyone's dream performance rig, but we won't get there at all unless we hear what you need and want, so please feel free to tell us about how you approach live performance, what features you use in existing hardware/software that might usefully translate over to Unify, and of course, what wild ideas you have for future Live Unify Nirvana!
The best way to use this Forum is to create a new "Topic" for each subject of discussion, rather than just tacking onto an existing post. Here's how:
- Click this link to get to the top-level page for this forum: https://forums.pluginguru.com/unify-live/
- Click the blue Add topic button. This opens a new page where you can type what you want to ask.
- Enter a suitable topic title, e.g. "Ideas for MIDI control" into the Topic Title box
- Put your question in the main edit area below the title box.
- When finished, click the blue Add topic button. Your new topic will be added, and others add comments to it.
Please note I've created a new topic specifically for discussion of established OSC/MIDI apps such as TouchOSC here: https://forums.pluginguru.com/unify-live/touchosc-lemur-etc/