Notifications
Clear all

Forward the bpm of my Boss RC505 to Unify standalone

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@loopinglouie)
Topic starter  

Hello everyone! I mainly use Unify to access my different vsts within a single application and I am totally thrilled with the program! However, I have not yet found a solution for a problem in a live performance situation. I use a RC505 loopstation to create loops on the fly. Therefore I would like to forward the midi signal to Unify in standalone mode so that the bpm is always automatically adjusted to the loopstation signal. I prefer to use Unify in standalone mode (not in a DAW), does anyone have any tips on how I can fix the problem, so Unify receives the midi signal? Thanks and best regards!

(@getdunne)
Illustrious Member Admin

@loopinglouie

Thank you for this important question. Unfortunately, Unify does not recognize MIDI Clock or any other method of externally setting tempo. I will look into this for future versions.

The only approach I can suggest for now is that you save all of your patches for each set/performance in a new custom library, making sure to set the desired tempo for each one in the Transport view before saving. If you're using any patches from existing libraries, it's perfectly fine to save copies of these in your own libraries, with tempo changes or indeed any other changes you need. Since your RC-505 can send MIDI program-change messages, you can create MIDI Bank Files to ensure that your custom patches get loaded as you need them in performance.

ReplyQuote
(@loopinglouie)
Topic starter  

@getdunne Thanks for the reply! I mainly use the loopstation for improvisation, so unfortunately it's not possible to set up the tempo beforehand. it would be really great if Unify could take over the bpm of the device without much delay (i'm thinking particularly of drum loops, but also arpeggios). so i mainly use the loopstation for improvisation. so unfortunately it's not possible to set the tempo beforehand. it would be really great if unify could take over the bpm of the device without much delay (i'm thinking particularly of drum loops, but also arpeggios). so far, i change the tempo manually as soon as the patch is loaded. unfortunately, this is a bit of a hassle and causes delays in performance.

ReplyQuote
Share: