Notifications
Clear all

noire mm pads missing 4350 files?

Wired
(@wired)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

did what instructions say, load an instrument into Kontakt 6.4.2, but missing files, I put the file folder from pg website into shared library where all the others are

on the dload site, the mm pads are in multformat, reason, exs, Kontakt etc, but there are no Kontakt instruments in that dload, could they be missing,? I just use the Omnisphere ones up till now but would like to use the Kontakt ones

This topic was modified 10 months ago by Wired

getdunne
(@getdunne)
Member Admin

@wired

You need to own Noire by Native Instruments. That's the Kontakt instrument. The Unified Noire library is just a quicker way to use it inside Unify.

ReplyQuote
Wired
(@wired)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

So those nkm files aren’t for kontakt , just unify?

still happens , I’m running Catalina , have kontakt 6.5 installed, put those nkm files in noires instrument folder , still all files missing

This post was modified 10 months ago 3 times by Wired

ReplyQuote
getdunne
(@getdunne)
Member Admin

@wired

I'm not sure which "nkm" files you're talking about. Our NI K6 Noire for Unify library doesn't come with any.

I'm pretty sure you have to install the actual Noire files (from Native Instruments), using NI's Native Access app. This will ensure that Kontakt knows where to find them.

I'll ask John Lehmkuhl or Taylor Harris to comment further. I'm the Unify developer; this is outside my experience.

ReplyQuote
Wired
(@wired)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@getdunne

thNx, I have noire installed, just can’t open the noire kontakt mm pads called dancing noire mm pads -3, the folder is nkm inside 10 presets 

This post was modified 10 months ago 2 times by Wired

ReplyQuote
PlugInGuruForums
(@pluginguruforums)
Owner/Guru Admin

Hi Wired - you also have to own MegaMagic Pads for Kontakt. This has nothing to do with Unify.

Life is Sound / Sound is Divine
www.pluginguru.com

ReplyQuote
getdunne
(@getdunne)
Member Admin

@wired

I set this up myself, and I finally understand what you're saying about .nkm files. Dancing Noire MM Pads is a collection of ten multi patches (.nkm files) for Kontakt 6, each of which loads one patch from Native Instruments' Noire together with one patch from PlugInGuru MegaMagic Pads for Kontakt 5. As it says in the "read me" PDF which comes with the Dancing Noire package, you thus need to own both of these products for the multis to work.

To load a multi, locate it in Kontakt's Files view (or the QuickLoad view) and drag it into the main part of the Kontakt GUI. Kontakt will ask you to confirm that you want the parts of the multi to replace, rather than add to, whatever is currently loaded. You would normally click YES to replace.

When you do this for the first time, Kontakt does not know where to find the various files referenced in the .nkm file, so it pops up the "Content Missing" dialog. On a Mac:

1. Check the little box to enable "Keep search mode and selected folders for the current session"
  2. Click the "Search Spotlight" button.

Kontakt will now locate the files it's looking for automatically, with the help of the Spotlight disk-indexing ability of macOS, and because you checked the "keep search mode" box, it will do the same as you drag/drop each of the other .nkm files into the GUI.

If you want, you can load each of the .nkm files in turn, and for each one, choose "Save multi as..." and re-save over the existing .nkm file. With the default items checked ("patch only" and "absolute sample paths"), this will ensure that you won't see the "Content Missing" dialog again, when loading these multis in the future (unless you move the content folders yourself).

ReplyQuote
Wired
(@wired)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@pluginguruforums

i think I do John, it’s says it’s a multi format , even tho I bought it more initially for omnisphere on your website , it’s n my download section , but to be honest I don’t know if you included it there, even tho You did reason / Omni / wave etc

also when I process  info I’m still missing 7 files 

This post was modified 10 months ago by Wired

ReplyQuote
Wired
(@wired)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@getdunne

Thanx I " think " I own mm pads as it's multi format but John might of forgotten to load it back in the day when I bought it , still missing 7 files

ReplyQuote
getdunne
(@getdunne)
Member Admin

@wired

Thanks for including those screenshots. The zip file you're still missing is called mm_pads_k5.zip. Check in your downloads to see if it's there, and if not, there might be an issue with how the multi-format MM Pads bundle was put together on the web site. I'll ask John about this, and ask him to post again here.

ReplyQuote
Wired
(@wired)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@getdunne

you nailed it the K5 zip isn’t there for some reason 

ReplyQuote
getdunne
(@getdunne)
Member Admin

@wired

I have passed all this over to John, but he is on US Pacific time, so is unlikely to get to it until much later. Thanks for your patience, and sorry for your trouble.

ReplyQuote
Wired
(@wired)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

ThNx so much !, I’m on pacific too so all good 

ReplyQuote
PlugInGuruForums
(@pluginguruforums)
Owner/Guru Admin

Hi Wired - please download the "kontakt_noire_mm_pads_multis.zip" file - unzip it and then it will work. You HAVE to have MM Pads installed for Kontakt 6. I get this error when people have purchased this library, installed the Omnisphere 2 version but have not installed the "mm_pads-wav.zip" file FIRST. Without first installing the actual WAV version of MegaMagic Pads, this won't work. 

To be clear - there is a mm_pads-wave.zip file that needs to be unzipped. There is a "MegaMagic Pads Samples" folder that should be placed into the MegaMagic PADS for Kontakt 5.5.1 folder. Then you have the samples, resources needed to open the Noire/MM Pads files. It's a little more tricky with the WAV version of the library because the "MegaMagic Pads Samples" folder can be used for each format so it's included OUTSIDE of the folders for the different plug-in formats. But Kontakt needs those samples that are in that folder. Email me at unifysupport@pluginguru.com if you have any questions. Mention you've been talking with me via the forums so Taylor will forward me the email. We'll get you up and running!

This post was modified 10 months ago by PlugInGuruForums

Life is Sound / Sound is Divine
www.pluginguru.com

ReplyQuote
Share: